ROUTE 66 SELF DRIVE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
21 Days: Los Angeles to Chicago or Chicago to Los Angeles
GROUP TOUR LOS ANGELES – CHICAGO DEPARTS AUCKLAND 14 SEPTEMBER 2024
Route 66 is a well-known road in the USA with many interesting and strange sights, leaning water towers, all kinds of giants, restored gas stations, Wigwam Motels, hot-rods and custom cars, barbed wire museum, a painted desert, and a Cadillac Ranch.
LOS ANGELES – LAS VEGAS
- Peggy Sues 50’s Diner– 1950s-style diner with American classics such as meatloaf & chicken-fried steak on the menu.
- World Class Shows – Your tour notes tell you how to buy tickets to the best shows in Vegas, frequently at discounted prices.
- Fremont Street Experience – Head Down Town for bands, street entertainers , zip line, and much more.
GRAND CANYON – GALLUP
- Grand Canyon West – Visit one of the best known places in North America
- Old Route 66 Historic Hotel– Discover a unique Southwest Experience during the American West. The El Rancho Hotel is a pillar of the West and was the Home of the Movie Stars throughout the 1930s to 1940s who filmed Westerns in the area.
CLINTON & AMARILLO:
- Oklahoma Route 66 Museum Clinton –For the ultimate Route 66 experience look at the history, myths, signs, photos & music of the iconic road, plus a diner replica.
- Big Texan Steakhouse– Dine at The Big Texan in Amarillo get a 72oz steak eat it in under an hour and its free.
SPRINGFIELD & CLAREMORE:
- Meramec Caverns – Discover a 4.6-mile cavern system in the Ozarks, near Stanton, Missouri. The caverns were formed from the erosion of large limestone deposits over millions of years.
- Will Rogers Centre Claremore – a 19,052-square-foot museum in Claremore, Oklahoma that celebrates entertainer Will Rogers. The museum houses artifacts, memorabilia, photographs, and manuscripts relevant to Rogers’ life, and documentaries, speeches, and movies starring Rogers are shown in a theatre
- National Cowboy Hall of Fame – Visit the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum with more than 28,000 Western and American Indian art works and artifacts allocate 3-6 hours minimum to see everything.
- Visit Pontiac Illinois– for the route 66 museum and classic cars.
- The Gateway Arch – it is the world’s tallest arch 190-metre monument in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Take a tram ride to the top. Visit the museum and trace stories of Native Americans, explorers, pioneers, and rebels who made America possible.
- Take the Mobster Tour –for a gangland experience
- Navy Pier & Willis Tower – Just two of the many attractions on the hop-on-off Chicago city tour
TO VIEW DETAILED ITINERARY USE BUTTON BELOWVIEW ROUTE 66 SELF DRIVE TOUR TINERARY
FORD MUSTANG OR SIMILAR
From NZD $7,000 per person (Twin Share)
TOYOTA COROLLA OR SIMILAR
From NZD $4,500 per person (Quad Share)
TOUR ONLY – FLIGHTS ARE ADDITIONAL
EARLY BIRD OFFER: Book by 31 March 2024 save NZD $250
SEE PRICING TABLE FOR MORE OPTIONS
The standard tour package includes:
- Entry to must see Route 66 Atractions
- Hotel Accommodation (Twin or Quad Share)
- Many breakfasts and some other meals are included.
- Rental vehicle, with unlimited kms, oneway fees and insurance (excess payable)
Los Angeles – Chicago
Group Departure (21 Days)
14 September 2024
To print this page, create a PDF, or email a copy to yourself or a friend use the buttons below:
“I would like to say how much I enjoyed the Route 66 tour it certainly exceeded my expectations. Your input was invaluable and nothing was too much trouble and I saw more than I expected. The accommodation and transport was exemplary. Having been to Las Vegas twice with you who knows I may show up again. Many thanks to you both.” – Regards E
JOIN KIWI TRAVEL CLUB FREE MEMBERS PROGRAM
Regular tour updates with hot deals, early bird specials and member only offers