ROUTE 66 MOTORHOME TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Route 66 – 25 Days: Chicago to Las Vegas
Extension Tour – 20 Days: Las Vegas to San Francisco
GROUP TOUR DEPARTS CHICAGO 6 SEPTEMBER 2024
Route 66 is a well-known road in the USA with many interesting and strange sights. Kiwi Travel Club’s 25-day easy paced motorhome tour is a great way to experience a USA icon. Enhance your USA travel experience with the optional 20-day extension tour from Las Vegas to San Francisco.
- Take the Mobster Tour –for a gangland experience.
- Navy Pier & Willis Tower – Just two of the many attractions on the hop-on-off Chicago city tour
- The Gateway Arch – it is the world’s tallest arch 190-metre monument in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Take a tram ride to the top. Visit the museum and trace stories of Native Americans, explorers, pioneers, and rebels who made America possible.
- National Cowboy Hall of Fame – Visit the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum with more than 28,000 Western and American Indian art works and artifacts allocate 3-6 hours minimum to see everything.
- Meramec Caverns – Discover a 4.6-mile cavern system in the Ozarks, near Stanton, Missouri. The caverns were formed from the erosion of large limestone deposits over millions of years.
- Oklahoma Route 66 Museum Clinton –For the ultimate Route 66 experience look at the history, myths, signs, photos & music of the iconic road, plus a diner replica.
- Big Texan Steakhouse– Dine at The Big Texan in Amarillo get a 72oz steak eat it in under an hour and its free.
- Grand Canyon South Rim – Stay three nights with easy access to multiple viewpoints using free shuttle buses. Optional helicopter flights.
- Hoover Dam – a short distance off the freeway, a not to be missed opportunity on your way through to Las Vagas.
- World Class Shows – Your tour notes tell you how to buy tickets to the best shows in Vegas, frequently at discounted prices.
- Fremont Street Experience – Head Down Town for bands, street entertainers , zip line, and much more.
EXTENSION TOUR – LAS VEGAS TO SAN FRANCISCO
- National Parks – experience some great scenery at well known and not so well-known National Parks – Zion, Bryce, Arches and Yosemite. View the detailed itinerary for more information.
- Barstow CA – for something different visit Calico Ghost Town and Peggy Sues 1950’s diner.
- Central San Francisco – the tour ends with three nights in a central city hotel. Take the cable car up Lombard Street and visit Alcatraz.
TO VIEW DETAILED ITINERARY USE BUTTON BELOW
ROUTE 66 MOTORHOME TOUR – CHICAGO TO LAS VEGAS
From NZD $11,250 per person – Twin Share
ROUTE 66 EXTENSION MOTORHOME TOUR – CHICAGO TO SAN FRANCISCO
From NZD $16,950 per person – Twin share
(Tour only flights are additional)
The standard tour package includes:
- 24ft Class C Motorhome Rental with kitchen and personal kits (Blankets – Sheets etc.)
- Generous pre-paid mileage & standard insurance (Excess payable)
- RV parks and campground charges on full hookup sites (Where available)
- Entry to must see Route 66 Attractions & National Park Fees
- Pre and Post Tour Hotel Accommodation
- Some included group meals.
- Extensive tour notes with detailed driving instructions
Chicago to Las Vegas or Chicago to San Francisco
Group Departures – 6 September 2024
To print this page, create a PDF, or email a copy to yourself or a friend use the buttons below:
“I would like to say how much I enjoyed the Route 66 tour it certainly exceeded my expectations. Your input was invaluable and nothing was too much trouble and I saw more than I expected. The accommodation and transport was exemplary. Having been to Las Vegas twice with you who knows I may show up again. Many thanks to you both.” – Regards E
JOIN KIWI TRAVEL CLUB FREE MEMBERS PROGRAM
Regular tour updates with hot deals, early bird specials and member only offers